- Switched majors from Pre-Med to Drama in college. Graduating from Juilliard in 1988, he was acknowledged as the most outstanding theater student at graduation.
- Received his Master's degree in Fine Arts from Juilliard School in New York City (1988).
- Pulled out of Samuel L. Jackson's role in Sphere (1998), because he wanted to spend more time with his family.
- Strong Shakespearean background includes roles in "Coriolanus", "King John", "Measure for Measure", "Richard II" and as Iago in "Othello". He won an Obie Award for his "Henry V" in 1996.
- Last name is pronounced "brow-wer".
- Chosen by People magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World (1997).
- Enjoying the simple life of a "suburban dad" in South Orange, New Jersey (2005).
- Received his Bachelor's degree in Theatre from Stanford University in Stanford, California (1984).
- His father was a heavy-equipment operator and his mother was a postal worker.
- Has appeared with Richard Belzer on three different series: Law & Order (1990), Homicide: Life on the Street (1993) and Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (1999).
- Attended high school at St. Ignatius College Prep in Chicago, Illinois.
- Character Frank Pembleton was ranked #3 on TV Guide's list of Top 50 TV Detectives.
- His wife Ami Brabson had a recurring role as Mary Pembleton, the wife of his character Frank Pembleton on his series, Homicide: Life on the Street (1993).
- Is the youngest of four children of Floyd and Sally Braugher.
- For the 1996 Shakespeare in the Park Festival in New York, Braugher played the title role in Shakespeare's "Henry V". He performed the role from June 18th to July 14th at the Delacorte Theatre in Central Park.
- Sons: Michael Braugher (born 1992), Isaiah Braugher (born 1996) and John Wesley Braugher (born 2003).
- Best known by the public for his role as Detective Frank Pembleton on Homicide: Life on the Street (1993).
- Chosed by People magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World (1997).
Contribute to this page
Suggest an edit or add missing content