Doctor Strange (2016)
- it homages the Doctor Strange comic "Ïnto Shamballa"
- it refers to Shambhala, a mystical hidden kingdom in Tibet. This hidden Oriental land is the inspiration for Kamar-Taj in the comics.
- it refers to Shambhala Buddhism, a doctrine that practices meditation and enlightenment.
- Michael Ansara, who was the Klingon Kang in Star Trek: The Original Series (1966), voiced the Ancient One (in an uncredited role) in Dr. Strange (1978).
- Jeffrey Combs, who has played various Star Trek roles, was Doctor Strange in Doctor Mordrid (1992) (a version with names changed).
- George Takei, who was Hikaru Sulu in Star Trek: The Original Series (1966), was Wong in Spider-Man: The Animated Series: Sins of the Fathers Chapter 1: Doctor Strange (1996).
- Paul Nakauchi appeared in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: The Homecoming (1993) and was Wong in Doctor Strange (2007).
- Kevin Michael Richardson, who voiced several aliens in Star Trek Into Darkness (2013), was Baron Mordo in Doctor Strange (2007)
- Benedict Cumberbatch, who was Khan Noonien Singh in Star Trek Into Darkness (2013), stars in this film as Dr Strange.
- Michael Giacchino, although not an actor, composed the soundtracks for Doctor Strange (2016) and the three Star Trek reboot movies.
- Sir Christopher Lee was the main villain in The Man with the Golden Gun (1974) and Captain America II: Death Too Soon (1979).
- Louis Jourdan was the main villain in Octopussy (1983) and Swamp Thing (1982).
- Christopher Walken was the main villain in A View to a Kill (1985) and Batman Returns (1992).
- Christoph Waltz was the main villain in Spectre (2015) and The Green Hornet (2011).