Change Your Image
Upload An Image
Crop And Save
Puss in Boots (2011)
Puss without Boots
ATTENTION - There might be spoilers ahead!
Puss in Boots and the Donkey are my two favorite characters from the Shrek franchise, so you can imagine that when I heard about this movie I was divided between the expectation to watch it, because, you know, its Puss!, and the idea that the movie could be very disappointing.
Despite this last feeling of mine I decided to watch it and here is what I thought:
- As usual, Antonio Banderas gives an incredible performance only through his voice and for me, it was by far the best part of the movie.
- The cat's childhood was very catching and different from what I expected, providing us the knowledge of how the Puss became an outlaw
-Kitty Soft-Paws (Salma Hayek) is a good addiction to the animation, and quite interesting, once she and Banderas played a couple in Desperado and Once upon a time in Mexico. However, her character's personality and actions were very predictable
- The animation was great, very colorful and real
- There were a couple funny moments, specially at the beginning and all related to Puss.
- Humpty Dumpty was a terrible villain. I hated him, mainly because he was so predictable and his decisions changed drastically from one minute to another
- Most importantly, the whole story about the magic beans and the golden goose was extremely disappointing. It lacked development, twists, imagination and comedy.
Overall what I can say is that I could perfectly pass without watching this, once it added nothing to my emotions or to my life.