Halloween II (1981)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 32 items
Sex & Nudity
- Nurse Karen's breasts are seen for a long time as she gets in and out of a tub with a man.
- A man's buttocks are briefly shown as he steps out of a tub.
Violence & Gore
- This film is bloodier than the original.
- A character slips on a pool of blood he did not see because of low light. He smashes his head on the floor and is knocked unconscious. Later when he comes to, he tries to drive a car, but is too woozy and falls unconscious again.
- A huge and fiery explosion is set off by gas leaks in a room. One character is implied to perish, and another character's fate is uncertain. The latter is shown walking out, completely aflame, before collapsing.
- Michael Myers stabs a bed where an inappropriate body part could go.
- In the flashback of the ending of first Halloween, Michael attacks Laurie and they struggle as he attempts to strangle her. Dr. Loomis interrupts them and shoots at Michael six times and he falls of a balcony. Later Dr. Loomis checks that Michael disappeared and finds blood on the ground.
- The killer sneaks into a kitchen of an older couple and steals a bread knife and leaves blood behind on the cutting board. The old lady is scared when she discovers this.
- A woman is grabbed from behind and is stabbed in the chest. Blood spatters on her chin.
- A young boy is seen with a razor blade stuck in his mouth, between his teeth. There is blood seen drooling out. No doubt the recipient of a sick halloween prank, where razors are put into apples.
- A woman is seen with a slashed shoulder after being attacked and is seen getting syringes into her arm, by the doctor. The doctor at first draws blood to find her type, then injects her with an anesthetic. Both shots are shown very close up and in high-definition it looks to be an authentic injection.
- A teenage boy in a Halloween mask is crushed between 2 cars, which burst into flame, as does his body. There are close ups of his burning corpse, which is later seen all charred at the morgue.
- The dead body of a teenage girl is seen on a stretcher, her throat has a bloody slit.
- A man is struck in the head with a hammer.
- A man is strangled, but we only see it silhouetted through a translucent window.
- A man is seen in a chair with a syringe stuck in his eye.
- A character enters a darkened operating room and turns on a light to discover a character who is lying on a stretcher, having been strangled. A drip line reveals she has also been exsanguinated.
- A nurse has a scalpel stabbed in her back and is lifted up of the ground before dying. Her body is then dropped to the floor.
- A young woman is terrorized and stalked by the killer throughout the hospital. She is already injured and gets injured even more, by attempting to escape him.
- A man walks straight through a plate glass window and is then shot at a few times. He falls to the ground, presumably dead.
- A man's throat is cut with a scalpel. Blood is seen on his throat as the scalpel cuts the gash.
- A man is stabbed with a scalpel and falls back. Some blood on the scalpel.
- At least 1 F-word, some sexual references, 6 scatological terms, 2 anatomical terms, 5 mild obscenities, 3 religious profanities, 6 religious exclamations.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A character is seen smoking briefly.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Rated R for terror and violence, and some sexuality/nudity.
- Very frightening throughout and frequent menace/terror
- The film is quite creepy and has an intense scary atmosphere and may be frightening to some.
- The climax is very violent and intense.
- In addition to showing far more blood than the original, many of the scenes in the sequel take place in a hospital environment, including a couple of operating rooms and very graphic medical depictions. Depending on the viewer, this may be cause for more phobic responses than anything in the original film would.
Violence & Gore
- Nurse Karen has her head repeatedly plunged into a boiling hydrotherapy pool, until it drowns her. Her face is seen getting more scalded and blistered, with close up shots. (Reduced in original UK version).
- Michael injects Janet with a syringe into her temple, close to her eye, killing her.
- Michael is shot in both eyes. Blood is shown coming out of his eyes through his mask. Dr. Loomis and Laurie fill the room with oxygen and Dr. Loomis lights a fuse, causing him and Michael to burn alive. Laurie watches in horror as Michael walks out of the operation, fully on fire, and soon falls, dead.