48 Hrs. (1982)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 29 items
Sex & Nudity
- A woman is seen with no top during the final shootout in the hotel, and her breasts are briefly seen onscreen for about 10 seconds. The camera cuts away from her, and back again several times.
- Jack references giving his girlfriend "the high hard one".
- Reggie talks with two prostitutes in the police station, and they ask him where he wants to have sex with them, but the conversation is interrupted and nothing happens.
- Several women are seen in tight or revealing clothing.
- At 13 minutes 35 seconds, a skinny woman is seen brushing her teeth, topless, bare breasts are shown and her bare bum is shown as she walks out of the bathroom door (5-6 seconds on-screen).
- In a bar a woman is seen dancing in her bra, and a thong. Onscreen for around 7-10 seconds.
- Some moderate sexual talk. Reggie often talks about having sex, and a man subplot of the film is that he wants to have sex after being in prison for so long.
Violence & Gore
- Reggie punches two men in a redneck bar.
- Reggie and Jack chase Billy and Ganz's bus in their car, and the two parties repeatedly shoot at each other while driving. This goes on for a while, but ends when Jack and Reggie's car crashes through a department store window.
- Albert Ganz and Billy Bear begin fighting, during the struggle a gun is pulled and two cops are shot, one in the stomach as a big bloody gun shot wound is seen.
- There is a close-up of a dead man on a bench with a bullet wound in the middle of his forehead.
- Ganz punches a prostitute in the face and knocks her out.
- Ganz shoots one cop in the chest, bloody bullet wound seen and shoots another in the side, again blood seen.
- Reggie Hammond opens a car door as Luther is running past his car and sends him crashing to the ground, Jack Cates then kicks Luther a couple of times while he's on the ground.
- A woman hits Reggie on the arm with a baseball bat. He is mildly hurt, but no blood or injuries are seen.
- Reggie and Jack have a fistfight, they repeatedly punch each other in the face and stomach in a prolonged sequence. Back in the car just after the fight, Jack elbows Reggie in the face.
- A security guard at a train station is shot by Ganz, no blood seen.
- 52 uses of 'f**k' (2 paired with 'mother'), 55 uses of 'shit' in all its forms, 27 uses of 'ass' in all its forms, 17 uses of 'hell', 34 uses of 'damn' (31 paired with "God"), 5 uses of 'bitch' (4 used with 'son of a'), 3 uses of 'dick', 10 uses of 'Jesus Christ', 'Jesus', or 'Christ' collectively, as an exclamation, 1 use of 'bastard', 4 uses of 'pussy', 4 uses of 'trim', 2 uses of 'faggot', 1 use of 'dyke', and 6 uses of 'nigger'.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Jack carries a flask, and is seen drinking from it briefly.
- There are many scenes set in bars and show people drinking and smoking.
- The hero Jack Cates (Nick Nolte) is seen lighting up and smoking cigarettes throughout the entire film.
- A fleeting reference to a drug deal that was robbed by Reggie Hamond and one of his counterparts
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- A woman is kidnapped by the two main villains at the beginning of the film, and she is kept by them until towards the end. She isn't seen in their captivity very often, and the villains mention that they did not harm her.
- There is a fairly intense shootout in a hotel during the first act, and hostages are taken.
- Rated R for strong language, violence, and sexual content.
- There are several intense scenes throughout the film, as it is an action/thriller film as well as a comedy. Many shootouts, some fighting, including one lengthy fight scene in an alley that isn't too intense, and one pretty intense final shootout.
Violence & Gore
- Luther is shot on a bus by Ganz, no blood seen.
- Billy is shot twice in the chest while bare chested by Reggie, two large bloody bullet wounds seen.
- Ganz is shot in the shoulder and then repeatedly shot in the chest by Jack, he is seen falling to the ground and a shot of his blood stained upper torso is seen.