Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 26 items
Sex & Nudity
- Implied Sex. Nudity consists of woman taking off her blouse and her bra drops down a little (this is seen from the side, so not much is shown). Considering who the man is that she's with, most parents would consider this scene inappropriate for their child to watch.
- At 1 hour 13-14 minutes, a man and woman passionately kiss. Then scene changes to her apartment, where she removes her blouse, she's in her bra and the man gently touches her breasts, then he kisses her again. Scene ends. Its implied that they had sex.
- A man in shown in brief-type underwear.
- Some sexual references.
- Several times, Josh seems to be staring at a grown woman's open blouse or chest area.
- Hookers proposition Josh and his best friend (who is still physically 12 years old) in New York city in front of a seedy hotel.
- Josh's friend suggests having Josh buy a dirty magazine.
- A grown woman suggests that she may not be ready to stay the night with Josh. He says: "You mean sleep over? OK, but I get to be on top." (He is referring to the top bunk of bunk beds and they end up sleeping in separate bunks.
Violence & Gore
- In a short, comical scene, two men get in an argument leading into a punch taken by one of the men. However, the punch is offscreen. Bloody nose results are shown.
- Two characters argue offscreen and a gunshot is heard.
- 5 Use of The B Word
- Also 2 uses of "stupid", and 3 uses of "Jesus" in vain. A few uses of "son of a bitch", and 3 uses of "shit". Lots of uses of "goddamn". One use of "fuck".
- 1 use of the F-word.
- 7 uses of Goddamn
- A few uses of Damn and Hell
- 1 use of Bullshit
- 1 use of Asshole
- 1 use of Bastard
- 1 use of Shit
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A minor suggests buying some beer.
- Social drinking - adults drinking a glass of wine. Some cigarette smoking (by adults).
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- None to speak of, some may find the fortune machine strange or disconcerting.
- When Josh's mother confronts Josh (in the grown man's body), she is very frightened, thinking that he has kidnapped her son, and wields a knife. The scene is played for humor, but may be disturbing.
- The idea of child abduction is frightening; though the viewer knows that Josh has not been abducted, Josh's mother does not and she is very upset.
- When Josh first comes to New York city and checks in to an unpleasant low-end hotel, there are scenes of disturbing noises including gunfire outside his room and through the open window.
- Josh's friend says "who the fuck do you think you are?!"