The Bodyguard (1992)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 16 items
|MPAA||Rated R for language|
Sex & Nudity
- We see a man and a woman lying in bed, presumably after sexual activity. No nudity.
- A man forces himself onto a woman trying to kiss her, but is interrupted.
- It is stated that an intruder broke into a woman's house and masturbated on her bed.
Violence & Gore
- A woman is pushed into a crowd and being attacked by the crowd during her performance. Then a riot broke out as a man uses a fire extinguisher to push his way through the crowd and kicks an obsessive fan. Very disturbing.
- Two men fight in a kitchen, and one is beaten up, and bleeds from his face.
- A man attacks another man aggressively. Blood is shown on the latter's face, mainly his nose.
- A brief scene from a black-and-white movie depicts fighting with Samauri swords, where a man cuts off another man's arm offscreen. A quick close-up of the severed arm on the ground.
- A man is shot offscreen in the beginning, and his corpse is seen with some blood on it.
- A man is shot around the upper arm and possibly body. Some blood.
- A woman is shot dead in the chest, with a brief bullet wound. Another man chases the shooter through a house and the woods outside, and the two shoot at each other.
- Several uses of 'f*ck' and 'sh*t', 2 of 'a**hole', and 1 of 'b-tching' and 'SOB'
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Some smoking and drinking.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The riot scene during the Queen Of The Night performance may be very intense and unsettling for viewers
- A man runs on a dock toward a young boy trying to start a motorboat on his own, not wanting the boy to leave for his safety. The man jumps off the dock, landing on the boat and capsizing it, but saves the boy.
- The climax is intense.
- A man chases down a moving car. This is an intense scene.