The Fugitive (1993)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 26 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for a murder and other action sequences in an adventure setting|
Sex & Nudity
- Some models in very revealing clothing walk up and down a runway at a dinner party. Seen twice, but both instances are brief.
- A very brief side shot of Ford with his shirt off and pants pulled 1/2 way down his butt in a non-sexual context (he's treating a wound). He is seen from a side view doing this.
- Kimble has a brief, suggestive dream about his late wife. The scene shows her on top, from his point of view, and then him on top of her.
- The marshals break into a home and we see a fugitive jump out of bed with a woman; the man is in a tank top and underwear, and the woman is wearing a night-shirt.
- Kimble relives the night his wife is murdered, and we see her in a low cut night gown, crawling on the bed.
Violence & Gore
- There's a brutal fight aboard a train where a police officer is shot in the chest and killed, though this isn't very graphic. Another man attacks the killer and they violently fight.
- A man is hit twice with a metal pipe.
- A man is hit in the face by a sliding girder.
- There's an intense scene near the beginning in which a prisoner escort bus crashes onto a train track, and the train hits the bus and derails. No one is killed, but there's a lot of destruction, and a few characters are wounded.
- A group of marshals raid a home to catch a suspect, and the suspect holds one of them at gun point. Another marshal takes him by surprise, and fatally shoots him. Not very graphic.
- The murder flash backs are intense and could be scary for younger viewers. Also you can see his wife a little bloody but not too graphic. Also you see some black and white pictures of the crime scene that might be a little freaky.
- A man is shot and blood sprays on car window.
- We see a nasty wound which Kimble stitches shut himself.
- We see a woman brutally killed in flashbacks.
- Two men fight and struggle with each other in a house. We see this in flashbacks.
- There are some violent images but nothing too graphic.
- A man is stabbed with a small homemade dagger.
- "Jesus" used as exclamation.
- "Shit" is used over a dozen times. "Damn", "hell", "son of a bitch" are used moderately throughout.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Tommy Lee Jones is seen smoking a cigar several times.
- A character turns out to be a drug dealer.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The bus/train wreck is extremely intense.
- Kimble gets involved in 2 intense bloody fistfights.
- There are several intense scenes where Kimble flees the police.
- The beginning of the movie shows Helen's brutal murder.
Violence & Gore
- Two men engage in a brutal fight in the end. During this, a man is hit in the back with a chair and slammed into some objects. Many punches are thrown, and some blood is seen.