10 Things I Hate About You (1999)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 23 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for crude sex-related humor and dialogue, alcohol and drug-related scenes, all involving teens|
Sex & Nudity
- It is implied that a girl flashes her breasts at a teacher when she is seen raising her shirt up from behind and a reference to the action is made later. (This isn't meant sexually, just used as a distraction as a boy escapes from detention.)
- Contains occasional mild sexual references, bully draws a penis on another boy's face next to his mouth.
- A guidance councillor is writing an erotic novel, and we briefly see her computer screen that describes an erotic scene, but it is not graphic. She later tries to find a (humorous) synonym for "penis", but she never uses the word itself.
- Sexual innuendo throughout.
- Boys discuss what color of underwear a girl is wearing.
- A couple kiss heavily in background.
Violence & Gore
- A girl vomits.
- Contains infrequent comic violence.
- A boy drills through a book that another boy is holding.
- Someone is knocked out by a golf ball.
- A girl shoots a bow into her teacher.
- The song "Hypnotize" briefly plays with several N-words and S-words thrown around.
- Mild coarse language throughout.
- A sex scene is being written on a PC with graphic words ie "Pulsating member".
- Teacher tells his student to go to office as she is "pissing me off".
- Words "bitch" "virgin" "balls" "whore" "pissing"
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Mild drug references. Some teen drinking is present in a few scenes. A character hits her head on a chandelier while she is drunk and is sick soon after.
- A boy lights a cigaretter on a bunsen burner in class. Same boy is seen smoking on the track field.
- Scene set in a bar.
- Flyer for a party advertises "free beer".
- At the party - lots of poeple drinking beer & shots and smoking.
- A teacher in detention takes some cannibis of a kid and then a bag of crisps intimating he is going to smoke the weed later.
Frightening & Intense Scenes