The Forgotten (2004)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 23 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for intense thematic material, some violence and brief language|
Sex & Nudity
- A man asks a woman (not his wife) to come home with him (she refuses).
- A psychiatrist asks his patient, "how is the sex?" (implying with her husband).
- A man and a woman (not married to each other) lie in bed to sleep and the man places his arm across her waist.
- A woman removes her pants to sleep and a man watches her (we briefly see her underwear).
Violence & Gore
- Two men struggle and fight, they fall back through a window breaking it, and fall toward the ground below.
- A man hits a man over the head with a fireplace poker, we then see the injured man with blood on his forehead and he is tied to a chair where a man and a woman interrogate him (they both hit him in the face and one threatens him with the poker).
- A woman shoots a man in the back, leg and shoulder, we see blood splatter then hear squishing as the holes close up again.
- A man and a woman driving in a car are hit hard from the side by another car, they get out and run, they are chased by several men with guns, and they hide in tall grass.
- A man drives a car and hits a pedestrian who is thrown into a gas pump (we see the person thrown into the air and the gas pump is dented).
- A woman is thrown into the air and far into the distance, and a man is thrown through a roof breaking it to pieces and is send far into the distance too.
- A woman is held by the throat, she gags and gasps and she falls to the floor nearly unconscious.
- A cabin appears to explode with three people inside (two are uninjured and the other disappears).
- A man yells loudly, his face appears distorted and the glass windows around him shatter.
- A man struggles with two men, kicks out a car window, and punches and fights the two men.
- 2 F-words, 2 scatological terms, 5 mild obscenities, 2 religious profanities, 5 religious exclamations.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- People are shown drinking alcohol sometimes to the point of intoxication.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The film and story itself is quite intense, the film involves children being abducted from their parents.
- The adults have forgotten they have children.
- This story plot could be intense and frightening for young children.
- A man screams at a woman and his face is very disturbing and freaky looking.
- People think a woman is mentially ill and that she imagines that she has had children in the past.
- A man and a woman get chased through an alley way and are stalked by the police, the scene is intense.
- A shack explodes.