Walk the Line (2005)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 21 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for some language, thematic material and depiction of drug dependency|
Sex & Nudity
- A married man and a woman who is not his wife lie in bed together. He wears a tank top and she wears a slip. The scene is a couple minutes long. The assumption is that they've already slept together; in this scene they are laughing and teasing each other; they kiss and she lies down across him to reach something on the stand on the other side of him.
- Several kisses.
Violence & Gore
- We see cloths stained with blood in a pan and on a boy's chest in a hospital (he was injured by a saw in a mill); the boy breathes irregularly and dies.
- A man and a woman fight: the woman takes a picture away from him and runs, the man chases her, the woman hits the man repeatedly, he holds her on the floor and yells at her, and their children see them fighting and cry.
- A man appears to be drunk, he comes home angry, he throws things and speaks abusively to his young son.
- A man pounds his head against a wall, he throws a table, he pulls a sink off the wall (water sprays) and breaks a guitar against a wall.
- A woman throws empty bottles at men sitting on a stage drunk (no one appears injured).
- A man and a woman hold guns on a man, and the man runs away.
- A movie shows a man fighting with prison guards.
- 1 F-word, 1 sexual reference, 2 scatological terms, 3 anatomical terms, 16 mild obscenities, 1 derogatory term for African-Americans, 2 religious exclamations.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Johnny takes black pills multiple times and we see how it affects him
- An unknown man who's possibly known as a drug dealer shows up to Johnny's lake cabin house to try to sell him drugs but he's forced to leave because Johnny is recovering.
- A man takes drugs in many scenes and it is implied that he has developed an addiction.
- Several men drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes and take drugs (it is not clear what type).
- A man buys drugs from a man on the street and from a man in a car.
- Several men sit around on a stage and drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes, and one man falls off his chair.
- People drink beer in many scenes.
- A man chews tobacco and spits.
- Several men smoke cigarettes in many scenes.
- A woman smokes a cigarette.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- At one scene you can see a man and a woman fighting, there is punches and lots of screams, the scene occurs as their children are watching. This scene may be intense to some viewers.