The Pacific (2010)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 21 items
Sex & Nudity
- Episode 5 sex scene. Lots of moaning and thrusting. 3:50
- A few sex scenes in episode 3. A woman's buttocks is shown. Bare breasts shown a few times in the episode during sex scenes. Lots of thrusting.
- There appears to be a severed penis stuffed into a severed head's mouth.
- A crude reference is made. A man is shown naked preparing for a bath but then commits suicide; penis is seen.
- A man and a woman are shown having rough sex with lots of thrusting, moaning and skin but sensitive areas not shown. Men are shown naked from behind trying to shower during a rainstorm. A man says he "slept with a woman."
- E07: A man goes into a cave to relieve himself and is chased out by Japanese. Bare buttocks are seen. Men are seen swimming nude; bare buttocks are seen from a distance.
- E08: During an awkward dinner in a fancy hotel room, a woman confronts her date, assuming he is going to ask about "exploring the bed sheets together," brings up various "starlets" she has seen him escorting, then leaves. After playing on the beach, a man and woman kiss. At the end of a wedding a man and woman kiss. A man chases his new bride into their honeymoon cottage then they kiss passionately. She tells him to take his clothes off; he removes his shirt and she takes off his belt and pants. They begin kissing and fondling (no nudity). In the next scene they are lying on a bed naked (presumably after sex). She sits up and we see her breasts and the side of his buttocks.
- E09: A man asks for a photo of another mans wife and says he needs "something to jerk off to" and proceeds to make suggestive gestures. A man grabs another mans photo and starts passing it around making suggestive comments. A pile of naked bodies shows mens buttocks. A dead womans breast is seen next to a crying baby.
- E10: A man asks a woman to "show me your caboose." A man talks about getting blowjobs. A man remarks how his brother went through an entire war and retained his virginity.
Violence & Gore
- The mini-series contains graphic violence, and gore. Violence consist of intense battle scenes, resulting in several deaths and body dismemberments through gunshots, physical combat and explosions. In most of these sequences, the injury is detailed with blood spurting and gory images. For example, some inexperienced soldiers are seen desperately shoving the exposed intestines back into an open wound of a soldier.
- Some inexperienced soldiers are seen desperately shoving the exposed intestines back into an open wound of a soldier.
- This is a show about World War II in the Pacific.
- It is very bloody as men are killed by guns, mortars and other military weapons.
- Dead bodies are seen throughout, some have body parts missing (very graphic and disturbing)
- Characters try to kill each other.
- Characters are blown up, limbs are shown clearly cut off.
- 246 uses of "fuck" and its derivatives. All other cuss words uttered many times as well.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- After their first victory, some Marines are seen getting drunk and one Marine vomits in a trash barrel in the commander's office because he is hungover.
- Characters are shown drinking in some scenes.
- Characters are smoking throughout the whole show.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- "The Pacific" is a 10-part mini-series by the creators of "Band of Brothers". It is based on the grueling war experiences of some American Marines who fought in the Pacific against the Japanese, during World War II. Each part begins with the survivors relating their experiences followed by the enactment.