Bleak House (2005)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 10 items
Sex & Nudity
- As Richard is working for the doctor he's studying under, we see him looking at a black and white diagram of a nude woman (presumably in a medical book). The scene is very brief and the camera doesn't directly focus on it.
Violence & Gore
- A man is shot and dies. Little or no blood is seen, but the body is seen on the floor throughout a following scene.
- A man dies of "spontaneous combustion." When he is discovered, all we see left of him is his charred hand still smoldering.
- One family Ester and Ada visit involves a woman who was abused by her husband (he admits to giving her a black eye) and their baby dies during the visit due to lack of nutrition and care.
- About five uses of "damn."
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Krook, a local drunk, is seen drinking wine and spirits several times. Mr. Guppy, a friend of his, also continually brings him a new bottle every time he visits him.
- Nemo is addicted to Opium and we see him smoking it on a couple of occasions. Later, when they are investigating him, they find him dead after an overdose.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- A man is found dead after an overdose of Opium.
- Mr. Guppy is seen stalking outside Esther's place of residence for a few nights, hoping she sees him through her window. He ends this after Esther tells him to leave.
Sex & Nudity
- Throughout the series, there is question as to the legitimacy of Esther's birth. At some point her Mother confesses it. She speaks of Esther's father and says, "I lay with him. . ."