Burn Notice (2007–2013)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 14 items
Sex & Nudity
- Not a lot of sexual content, some kissing and a lot of images of men and women in scantily clad swim wear.
- No actual nudity is ever shown. Many female characters in the show are scantily-clad.
- Most episodes take place in Miami with opening scenes featuring women in bikinis of various "sizes"
- Several episodes have implied sex (nothing explicit) with passionate kissing, and removal of the male's shirt, followed by a cut to the characters in bed covered in sheets.
Violence & Gore
- Despite having constant action, there are not many on-screen deaths. However, characters often get bloody injuries.
- The majority of the violence involves fairly brutal beatings and hand to hand fighting, this often results in serious bruises and some blood.
- Occasionally, people are tortured with beatings and electricity.
- Things are blown up frequently, but usually nobody alive gets caught. Cars are also frequently wreaked, however passengers usually only end up with minor injuries. People are often shot at, but they don't usually get hit, and if they do, it's often not a lethal injury, though it can be bloody. Stabbings occur, however they are also usually not lethal.
- Common use of "damn," "goddamn," "hell," "bitch," and "Jesus."
- One use of "bullshit" in the pilot episode
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Pervasive drinking and smoking, though none of it is glorified. Also some drug content including the drugging of people and instances of drug sales and trafficing.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Suggested MMPA Rating: PG-13 for sequences of intense action violence, sensuality, and some language
- Many of the shootouts and chases are notably intense, as well as some brutal torture and kidnaping sequnces.
Violence & Gore
- Towards the series finale, the main character's brother is unintentionally killed by a sniper who was targeting the underlying villain of the show.