Public Enemies (2009)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 22 items
|MPAA||Rated R for gangster violence and some language|
Sex & Nudity
- Sex scene, both characters are clothed but we see thrusting and sex is implied
- A few passionate kisses between main characters are shown
- A man walks in on a woman bathing, he quickly leaves. (We do not see her)
- A man is seen in his underwear for a brief second.
- A man and woman kiss. Scene lasts 1-2 seconds.
Violence & Gore
- Several shootouts involving Tommy guns, shotguns, B.A.R.'s, and .45 pistols.
- We see several people getting shot in gunfights. Blood is almost never seen.
- There is a scene where it is implied they tortured a man. Not explicit.
- A man is shot in the back of the head, an object blocks our view of this happening.
- In a robbery, a man is shot in the shoulder, and some blood is noticeable. Other gangsters later bandage the wound, and we see the bloodied bandage.
- Surprisingly very little swearing for a gangster flick, mainly just used for impact
- 1 use of f--k
- About 5 uses of s--t
- Lots of uses of b-----d, d--n and what the hell
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Several characters smoke.
- The prohibition era is going on, and we see some alcoholic beverages smuggled and consumed.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Several shootouts and gunfights throughout.
- The end could be upsetting to some.
Violence & Gore
- Floyd gets shot by a long range rifle. We see him fall on the ground presumably dead.
- Two federal agents gun down Nelson in a field. Later, we see him lying on the ground. This may be the most brutal violence in the entire film.
- FBI agents go after a bunch of villians in a building. They run around the building shooting all of the villians but blood isn't visible because the scene is very dark so It's hard to make out what is happening.
- Tommy is shot in the head but he survives.