Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 23 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and action, and some drug material|
Sex & Nudity
- A man walks around his house nude; strategically placed objects conceal his genitalia, but we see the top part of his butt.
- One scene features taroh cards. One of the cards is the bahomet, a symbol for the devil. It's head and legs are of a goat but it has a womans chest and breasts are visible.
- A brief kiss between Holmes and Irene Adler, one other scene where Watson and Mary (both slightly drunk) kiss with Mary in Watson's lap. Also a couple of light innuendos.
- In one scene, Holmes dresses as a woman (as a disguise) while being pursued by Moriarty's henchmen, he sarcastically jokes about it a couple of times (e.g. when instructing Watson to stay flat on the ground, he says "lie down with me Watson"). Also referenced later on when, in order to get Watson's appraisal of a disguised man, a smirking Holmes "dances" with him for a couple of seconds so that Watson can look over his (Holmes's) shoulder without attracting attention.
Violence & Gore
- A women is poisoned and dies after coughing up blood.
- There is a large explosion and we see many bloody bodies as the aftermath.
- A giant fish hook is pushed through Holmes's shoulder and he hangs from the ceiling. He screams loudly.
- A man is poisoned. He foams at the mouth and dies.
- A woman is pushed off a train and into a lake, but she is unharmed.
- Lots of scenes with Holmes fighting more than one opponent, but these are usually bloodless.
- A man commits suicide by shooting himself, the camera cuts away just in time, but we see his body in the background of another scene, there is no blood, however.
- In one scene characters are seen runnig through a forest with artillery shells being fired at them, the shells hit trees and wood is shown splintering in the direction of the characters. This is bloodless and is mainly done in slow motion, however it is quite intense.
- Holmes and Watson are seen firing pistols and machine guns at enemies, many enemies are killed but is is bloodless and not particularly graphic.
- Watson blows up a large building causing it to collapse on another building which Holmes is in, although he appears unhurt.
- Watson and Holmes are shot at in one scene on a train, but are not hit.
- Several uses of "bastard" and "damn"
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Holmes is very fond of smoking a pipe, and does so in almost every non-action scene, and even in some action scenes.
- A lot of smoking throughout the movie. Mostly by Holmes, but there is some smoking done by other characters.
- A bad character smokes a thin rolled cigarette, which is implied to contain something other than tobacco, or a special mixture.
- There is some mild drug content and references to drugs.
- Some drinking, including when Watson is surprised by the fact that Holmes is drinking formaldehyde.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Some frightening characters.
- Holmes is stabbed and hooked in the shoulder by a large fishhook, and then hung by it and pushed around, pulled on, and maneuvered to cause pain by Moriarty. It is somewhat agonizing to watch.