San Andreas (2015)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 44 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for intense disaster action and mayhem throughout, and brief strong language|
Sex & Nudity
- One of the main actors in the movie references second base in a non sex scene
- None. No sex or nudity. A few non passionate kissing scenes between the main characters.
- No sex or nudity. Both men and women in tight and/or soaking wet clothing.
- Young woman in bikini.
- Young woman is sitting beside the swimming pool with her swimming underwater(No nudity is shown).
- A few kisses.
Violence & Gore
- There are frequent scenes of intense action and threat as characters face a variety of natural disasters, including multiple earthquakes and a tsunami. The natural disasters result in buildings collapsing, roads cracking open, explosions and a dam breaking. There are scenes of panic and chaos with frequent deaths as people are caught in the disaster. Other threat includes several scenes in which characters are seen struggling for breath as they're trapped under water.
- A woman crashes off a cliff. She is later seen with minor cuts and bruises.
- A mans arm is pinned between a car and a rock. This is not show in detail, he is later seen clutching his arm but no blood is seen.
- A dam collapses with people still on it, this is seen from a distance.
- A man is seen with a metal rod through his foot, there is a small amount of blood.
- There are many large earthquakes, many buildings are seen collapsing and there is a lot of debris falling.
- Many people are seen with minor injuries, small amounts of blood are shown.
- Someone runs out of a door in a high-rise building, it is implied that they fell to their death.
- A man is seen clinging to a pole on the side of a building, he falls off.
- A man is seen screaming and on fire.
- A wall collapses and a man falls through and down an elevator shaft.
- A woman is thrown around as the floor beneath her collapses, she is later seen with minor injuries and some blood.
- A man driving a car is crushed by a concrete slab. This quickly shown onscreen with no blood.
- A girl has her legs pinned in a car and is stuck.
- A man is crushed by falling debris. This is unexpected, scene happens very quickly with no blood shown.
- During aftershocks many people are seen crushed by debris. Sometimes this is seen from a distance, however there are occasions when it is more obviously visible. Bridges with people on are also seen collapsing from a distance.
- Many people are shown being thrown away by a shockwave of a building collapsing.
- Many people are seen looting and gun shots are heard from a distance. Looters are seen fighting briefly.
- A man is threatened with a gun.
- A man is punched in the face.
- A girl is briefly seen drowning under water.
- A woman is seen with a cut on her leg, there is a small amount of blood.
- A man gets a shard of glass in his leg. It is later seen removed with some blood and the wound is shown in graphic detail.
- There is a large tsunami, many more buildings collapse. Many people are seen attempting to run away from the wave or resigning themselves to death. A large number of people are seen being engulfed by the wave.
- There is a brief scene of bodies being thrown around under water.
- A man is seen crushed by a container.
- A woman is seen convulsing underwater as she drowns.
- The action is intense and in-your-face in the 3D version.
- 2 instances of God's Name being used in vain.
- 2 uses of f*ck (although one is barely audible), as well as others of "sh*t" and "*sshole." Many uses of religious exclamations, (One use of "God damn" and one use of "Jesus".)
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Tobacco reference.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The opening cliff rescue attempt scene can be quite intense as there is a high degree of mortal peril.
- The scene on the dam can be distressing and upsetting.
- The helicopter rescue scene after one of the earthquakes is intense.
- The earthquakes are all rather intense.
- There is a huge amount of destruction and frequent sudden deaths. The implied death toll is incredibly high.
Violence & Gore
- A helicopter crashes, no one is hurt.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- A scene when a girl convulses underwater and drowns some may find very disturbing due to its context and realism. The girl survives but, this isn't revealed until much later.