Alien: Covenant (2017)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 31 items
|MPAA||Rated R for sci-fi violence, bloody images, language and some sexuality/nudity|
Sex & Nudity
- 1 scene with very brief nudity.
- There is talk amongst the crew about breasts.
- There's a brief moment where a man and a woman make out in a shower. Her bare back can be seen but it is not the emphasis of the scene and can be looked over.
Violence & Gore
- An alien slashes a man's jaw off with its tail. Blood pours from the wound as he dies.
- Occasional strong gory violence and imagery. Many people are killed and maimed in brutal fashion with a lot of blood.
- A man is burned to death in an accident while several people unsuccessfully try to save him. We see his charred corpse later on, which is carried away on a stretcher.
- Two men are infected by an airborne virus which makes them sicker by the minute. One of them struggles to move and vomits blood on a woman.
- An alien attacks a woman and kills her violently by mauling her face. Moderately bloody.
- The same alien attacks another crew member who accidentally blows up the ship that they are on. In a far shot, we see her set alight and stumbling out of the ship before falling over and dying.
- Another character who is infected has convulsions and spits up blood while an alien bursts out of his throat. Aliens attack a group of crew members resulting in the death of a crew member and the death of an alien. A human android has his hand bitten off by an alien.
- Characters pass the corpses of Engineers in various frozen statue like states of panic and who are covered in black goo.
- An alien is shot several times with green acid spraying from the wounds (this is meant to be alien blood).
- An android has its head knocked down into its neck, presumably breaking it - his eyes roll back into his head and he crumples to the floor.
- Two androids fight with a white liquid substance akin to blood appearing from their facial wounds.
- A facehugger attacks a character and suffocates him with its tail. After regaining consciousness, the same character is killed when the alien bursts out of his chest cavity - blood sprays from the wound.
- A facehugger attacks a crew member before an alien attacks two crew members, killing one and burning the other's face with its acidic blood.
- An alien is blown up with its partial remains and green blood spraying.
- In two scenes, a character's burnt skin is medically attended to. His mutilated body is later seen, obviously killed by a chestburster, with blood smeared across the floor and walls.
- An android regurgitates two facehugger embryos.
- 47 F-words
- 2 Uses of Motherf*cker.
- Other mild profanities such as damn, tits, and shit are used.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A character smokes a cigarette.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Quite a lot of disturbing images and frightening scenes.
- The scenes involving the alien creatures emerging from their hosts are intense and can prove frightening to sensitive viewers.
Violence & Gore
- A character who is infected with a virus has convulsions and spits up blood and vomit onto another character. The same character is killed when an alien tears out of his back, accompanied by spraying blood and gore.
- In a flashback, we see David dropping the black goo on the Engineers and you see them burn and disintegrate. Intense but not gory.
- The remains of Dr. Elizabeth Shaw are shown with her torso cut open and intestines showing.
- A female character is beheaded after being attacked by an alien - we see it biting into her neck with some blood. The alien is seen devouring her remains. Soon after, we see her severed head half submerged in water and the alien feasting on her body from the torso down - her vest is covered in blood and a later shot shows the decapitated neck stump.
- An alien kills two people in a shower. It kills a man by impaling him through the back of its head and we see its tongue emerging from his mouth with some blood. The woman is killed offscreen. Soon after, we see their dead bodies on the floor which is smeared with blood.
- The final alien is impaled by a fork lift - some green blood is shown as it screeches in pain.