Brawl in Cell Block 99 (2017)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 21 items
Sex & Nudity
- A man undresses and is seen naked from behind
- A poster of woman in a bikini in a suggestive pose in shown throughout a scene.
- A prostitute offers her services in exchange for drugs. she claims she will, "make both his nuts smile".
- A young woman is shown answering the door in a very revealing outfit.
- An affair is briefly mentioned. Never shown.
Violence & Gore
- A gunfight takes place in which people get shot with some blood detail.
- A man fights a prison officer and beats him and breaks his arm backwards (very graphic).
- A couple fights take place in prison where men get beaten up dislocate their arms and legs.
- A man stomps another man's face to the ground and grinds his face with his foot against the floor which result in the man's face being ripped off (very graphic).
- A man stomps in another man's head and crushes his skull which graphically comes apart.
- A man is shot in the face in graphic detail.
- A man is systematically tortured with a remote-controlled belt which administers electric shocks.
- A man throws a grenade near the main protagonist. He isn't killed due to the explosion happening on the dock while he is in the water. He does, however, get a few metal shards in his boot, injuring his foot (he pulls them out of his boot. Some blood shown).
- Several uses of "Fuck" and its derivatives.
- Two uses of the n-word. The uses of the word was not towards anybody negatively, and the character is then told by another character that he isn't allowed to use the word. (one ending with -er, and one ending with -a)
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A man smokes cigars.
- The main character works as a drug courier, packets of drugs are shown and references are made to the effects of methamphetamine.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The film contains unrealistic and almost bloodless graphic violence in the later half of the film which can disturb and upset some viewers
- Like S. Craig Zahler's other film Bone Tomahawk, the entire film has a grim atmosphere and brutal imagery. Not for the faint of heart.
- Rated R for strong graphic gory violence, grisly images and language.
Violence & Gore
- A man kicks a man head in repeatedly to the point he decapitates him by kicking his head off. This is seen briefly and without blood, so it may seem unrealistic.