It Happened One Night (1934)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 15 items
Sex & Nudity
- At the very end there is an implied sex scene however it is so subtle it is likely to go right over kids heads.
- While in the motel room, you can see Ellie changing her clothes (you can see her underwear-top that goes under her blouse). Peter unbuttons some of Ellie's buttons to make her look slovenly as a disguise, then buttons her blouse back up after the danger is over.
- Peter goes shirtless twice.
- Ellen flashes her thigh (while hitchhiking in order to get a driver's attention.)
- An unmarried woman and man share sleeping quarters, hanging a blanket as a makeshift wall.
Violence & Gore
- Any violence portrayed in the film is slapstick, and played for laughs.
- A woman is slapped across the face by her father when she is talking back to him.
- Peter gets annoyed by Ellie bragging about her father and spanks her once while carrying her across a stream.
- Peter chases down a driver and returns later with his car and numerous scrapes and bruises on his face. He then explains to Ellie that he got in a fight with the driver and "...gave him a black eye".
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A gentleman smokes a cigar in one scene.
- A lady is seen smoking in a few scenes.
- A man is shown smoking a cigarette in bed.
- A character is shown drinking alcohol.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- A boy's mother collapses on a bus and he runs crying to Ellie telling her how they're poor and may not be able to get to New York.