The Ten Commandments (1956)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 20 items
Sex & Nudity
- A man attempts to force a woman to kiss with him.
Violence & Gore
- A man is strangled to death.
- In one graphic scene, an Egyptian taskmaster throws a knife at a Hebrew slave. The knife is shown embedded in the slave's stomach. Blood is shown.
- Joshua is whipped a few times by Baka. Streaks of blood are visible on his shoulders and chest.
- Shepherds wrestle with Sephora, roughly knocking her down. Moses fights the shepherds with his staff. At one point, he slams one of them on the side of his face.
- Joshua blocks a knife attack from Baka and hits him in the face knocking him down.
- A man hits another man on the back with a chain, knocking him down.
- An Egyptian soldier is seen just after killing a Hebrew baby. He wipes blood off of his sword. Scene may be rather disturbing for some.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Drugs: None
- Smoking: None
- While the Hebrews rebel against God, they drink and act unruely and vile.
- The Hebrews are drunk at a celebration.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The scene where the golden calf gets destroyed and the ground opens up underneath it could frighten some viewers.
- The scene where the entire Egyptian Army is drowned at the Red Sea could frighten some viewers.
- Baka's death may be disturbing to some viewers.
- An old woman's belt gets caught under a huge stone as the stone is being moved. She is nearly crushed but the Egyptians stop the stone.
- The angel of death appears in a gray mist over Egypt. When touched by the mist, Egyptian firstborns young and old die. These scenes may frighten younger viewers.
Violence & Gore
- The red sea falls back on the Egyptians drowning them. We hear screams and cries of terror as it falls and see a few men and horses under water briefly.
- Moses strangles Baka to death.
- Nefertiri pushes Memnet off a balcony, killing her. The murder is not shown, but we hear the struggle and Memnet crying out.