Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 45 items
Sex & Nudity
- A woman wearing a bikini is dancing on top of fire at a club as part of entertainment.
- During the opening credits, we see many female forms swimming under water all of which appear nude. These forms are solid black in color and silhouetted. there is one woman in the distance which you can clearly see her breast not a silhouette the light hits her just enough. others passing by the camera are close enough you can see their breast flapping and their nipples
- A woman rises from a bathtub (covered in a towel) and lifts Bond's shirt. The scene cuts to the two of them having sex. We see the top of Bond's chest and the woman's breasts.
- A man wearing a bath robe (he is nude underneath) rubs the bare back of a naked woman whose breasts are covered with a sheet. We get a quick glimpse at the side of her breasts.
- A woman showing a great deal of cleavage in her nightgown is laying on top of a man who removes her shoulder strap and says wouldn't you be more comfortable without this ?
- Bond brings a woman into a steam room and removes her clothes, it is implied they have sex. We see a foggy glimpse of the woman's bare back and buttocks pressed up against the steamy glass.
- Bond and a woman go behind a rock under the sea and we see bubbles rise from where they are, implying sex
- A man and a woman (fully clothed) kiss passionately in bed. The woman's dress is revealing of her breasts and the man begins to remove a strap of her dress but they are interrupted by a knock at the door.
- Rape is very briefly implied (it would go over a kid's head completely)
- Women wear revealing clothing and bikinis throughout
- "Love making" and mistresses is the topic of several conversations throughout the film
- The opening sequence is of naked women swimming underwater
- Bond and other men are seen in bathing suits (or shirtless) throughout the film
Violence & Gore
- Bond and a man struggle underwater, and Bond cuts off his oxygen. Bad guys on a boat above him throw grenades into the water to kill him, but he survives.
- Bond surprises an assassin waiting in his shower by turning o the hot water and scalding him, and then attacking him and punching him.
- Bond pulls a man's legs out from under him and karate chops his head.
- A pilot is trapped in his chair after landing a plane underwater, and a bad guy cuts his oxygen supply and swims away.
- Bond and another man fight next to a pool, and fall into it. Metal sheets are put over the pool so neither can escape, and sharks are released into it. Bond stabs his attacker, and a fair amount of blood is seen, and the sharks go for him as Bond swims away.
- A woman's corpse is seen, and it's said that she was killed by a cyanide capsule she used on herself.
- Bond and a man with a flare struggle underwater, and Bond knocks him out.
- There's a brief car chase on a runway that ends when one car catches on fire, and crashes in a large explosion.
- A man gets stabbed in the eye but no blood is shown.
- There's a rough fight scene near the beginning between Bond and a man disguised as a woman. Bond is hit with a poker twice, but only gets bruised. He starts to strangle a man with a poker, before breaking his neck with it. The snapping sound is unrealistic.
- A man's arm is lit on fire, but he is fine after the fire is put out.
- A man is shot by a harpoon gun, impaling him onto a tree. No blood or wound is shown.
- Bond kicks a wine bottle so that is spatters on the inside of the car he is in, and he uses a lighter on it, starting a fire and lighting a bad guy's arm on fire. The man fires his gun and Bond is shot in the foot, and his enemies follow him by the bloodstains on the ground.
- Bond is about to be shot, but he moves a female villain in the way of the bullet. She is shot, and we see some blood.
- An assassin reaches for Bond in a room, but Bond smashes his hand and knocks him out with a telephone.
- It's implied a man is eaten by sharks. Lots of splashing is seen, and the water turns red, implying blood.
- Bond fires his gun while hiding in bushes, and several bad guys fire their weapons at him.
- A shark is shot with a rifle, so that Bond can safely enter the water while other sharks are occupied with the dead shark. The bullet hitting the shark is not shown; we only see the dead shark sinking, and some blood.
- 1 use of "hell" and 2 uses of "damn."
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- James Bond never lit a cigarette in this fourth installment of the film franchise, but plenty of others did light up, including five of the film's major stars. Fiona and Domino smoke cigarettes, and Largo smokes cigars. A few supporting characters hold cigarettes just once. Other persons smoke around a table in a casino.
- Less than a handful of scenes with alcholic beverages.
- It is mentioned that a female spy killed herself with a cyanide pill once she had been captured by enemies.
- Two uses of poisonous gas.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- A man burns his girlfriend with a cigarette, although you don't see it.
- Some deaths. The underwater battle could be considered intense.
- This would be the most intense James Bond film to date at its time.
- A man is thrown into a shark pool. He struggles and screams. He is attacked by the sharks off-screen. We don't see his body, but we see some of the water turn red. At the time that this film was released, this was the most intense death in a Bond film.
Violence & Gore
- There is a large scale underwater battle sequence between government agents and Largo's men. MANY people die by harpoon, and several people are stabbed, with a surprising amount of blood seen. Bond stabs people and cuts off others' oxygen supplies. A shark is shot twice during this sequence and some blood is seen. Lots of hand to hand combat also occurs here.
- During the large end battle sequence, marines fire at Largo's ship, and his men return fire. Lots of gunfire occurs. The good guys ultimately blow up Largo's ship.
- Bond engages in a brutal fight with Largo and two other men aboard the runaway boat in the end. Bind beats the other two men, and Largo holds him at gun point, and Domino harpoons him in the back, and some blood is seen.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- While dancing with a female villain at a club, Bond is about to be shot. The music makes the scene very suspenseful. Bond moves the female villain in front of the bullet, saving himself.
- A pilot in a sunken aeroplane on the sea floor cannot get out of his seat due to his seatbelt being stuck. One of his supposed allies comes along, but instead of helping him, he cuts the pilot's oxygen tube. The pilot struggles with his seatbelt desperately, but eventually drowns.