Freddy's Dead (1991)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 21 items
|MPAA||Rated R for horror violence, and for language and drug content|
Sex & Nudity
- Lots of sexual innuendo.
- One of the male teenagers implies to a female teenager that "you look sexy when you sweat".
- A teen tells a teen girl that she needs to get laid.
- It is implied that a girl's father sexually abused her.
Violence & Gore
- A teenage boy has a que-tip stuck through one ear and out the other. Might be disturbing for some viewers.
- A teen's head explodes. Graphic, but not bloody.
- A TV fills up with blood.
- A boy is beaten up by video game characters.
- A boy falls to his death.
- A boy falls onto a spike bed in a dream, causing bloody holes to appear in his torso in real life.
- A girl beats her father to death with a coffee pot. He then revives, and his face is smooshed and contorted in a weird shape. Disturbing to sensitive viewers.
- We see a young boy take a hammer to a mouse (offscreen, though crunching noises are heard).
- A young man cuts himself.
- Freddy cuts his fingers off, with bloody results.
- Somewhere between three and six 'F' words. A few uses of hell, damn.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- One of the teen boys is a pot addict, and we see him smoking a joint.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Comical entry.
- The entire mood of the film is eerie and slightly comical.
- This film is one of the more sadistic of the Nightmare on Elm Street films, and includes a scene where a mother punishes her son by 'cleaning out his ears' with a que-tip. Freddy uses this to torment the boy in a dream sequence.
- There is also a scene where a girl beats her father's face in with a coffee pot, which squishes his face into a weird shape.