The Jacket (2005)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 14 items
|MPAA||Rated R for violence, language and brief sexuality/nudity|
Sex & Nudity
- the lady(Jackie) is seen in the bathtub.(Her breast are partially visible). But the both breasts are hard to visible due to the dark environment. One brief love scene between woman(Jackie) & Man(Jack) on the bed. Both penal & vaginal areas is not visible. But the side view of women's & the man's upper butt are partially visible. Some kissing.
- A scene with Keira Knightly taking a bath shows her breast, but it is hardly visible due to dark lighting.
- Contains a love scene with some nudity. Her breast is visible from side with him kissing the breast.
Violence & Gore
- The movie begins with battle scenes from the first gulf war and culminates in the lead character being shot in the face from a close range with very bloody results.
- A scene depicts a police officer being murdered by three gunshots, the final one being close range to the officer's head. The camera is far enough from the actors so that the gunshot wounds are not visible (no gore).
- Many instances of the "F" word throughout the movie.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Many of the characters smoke cigarettes.
- Excessive smoking.
- A woman is implied to be a heroin addict. There are brief scenes (flashes) of her shooting up, but you might miss them if you are not paying careful attention.
- A woman is an alcoholic and is shown drinking heavily.
- Psychiatric drugs are given (often with force).
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Gulf war battle scenes.
- A man is forced into a straitjacket, drugged and shoved into a morgue drawer several times. He is held prisoner in a mental institution and is abused by a doctor and orderlies.
Violence & Gore
- A man slips on some ice and falls backwards on to the cement, a pool of blood forms under his head and he dies.