Step Brothers (2008)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 22 items
|MPAA||Rated R for crude and sexual content, and pervasive language|
Sex & Nudity
- There are two scenes of clothed, but obvious sexual intercourse with thrusting and moaning, complete with descriptive and orgasmic exclamation. Over-acted and played for comedy.
- In one scene, a character seduces another to have sex with her in the bathroom under her skirt. The male character begins to have sex with her up her skirt and the woman is extremely verbal with moaning and talking him through pushing and to continue when have an orgasm. Although no nudity is shown, this is a very disturbing scene as she thrusts him up her skirt as they are up against the bathroom sink. Very verbally and visually disturbing.
- A man pulls out his (clearly prosthetic) testicles and rubs them against a drum.
- A man reaches into his underwear while watching a woman on television. Although nothing is seen, masturbation is implied.
- Two men look at pornographic magazines and talk about them.
- Pretty much all of the sexual content in this film is through verbal references. There is one scene of male genitalia, but it is shown for a few seconds and looks fake.
- A bare-breasted woman is briefly shown on one or two pornographic magazines from a distance.
- Sexual lyrics in a rap song that is played during the "Prestige Worldwide" presentation.
Violence & Gore
- A father smacks his stepson's rear end and tells his biological son that he is next.
- The two lead characters are beaten by schoolchildren and forced to lick dog feces. They are seen bruised and a little bloodied after it all.
- The two lead characters get their revenge on the schoolchildren by fighting them, but no blood is shown.
- An unsympathetic character gets hit in the forehead, falls out of a treehouse, and holds his shoulder while in pain. He is shown with a tiny nosebleed.
- A poorly constructed bunk bed falls on a man. This man is, for the most part, unscathed, with only a cut on his arm.
- The two brothers get into a comic scuffle.
- Two uses of "faggot" and one use of "fag".
- 60 uses of "fuck". 27 uses of "shit". 8 uses of "ass" (1 in a sexual manner). 7 uses of "dick" (mostly in a nonsexual manner). 1 use of "pussy" and "asshole" each. Plus, a rap music video called "Boats and Hoes" is shown as there is several uses of "hoes".
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Reference to "smoking a J" and "feeling spacy".
- A few drug references. No drug use.
- People drink wine socially in a few scenes. Beer is seen once or twice. No smoking.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- In one comical yet disturbing scene, Brennan and Dale scare away customers as Derek is trying to sell their home. Dale and Brennan dress up as a member of the Ku Klux Klan and a Nazi.
- Distracted by their family-sing, Derek ends up drifting out of his lane and must swerve back (played for comedy).
- Nothing is meant to be intense although many of the characters are shown to be just as immature as the two protagonists.