Hell on Wheels (2011–2016)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 29 items
Sex & Nudity
- Two female characters kiss
- A prostitute mentions her day off is Monday, saying "It's the only day of the week where I give my patootie a rest", referencing anal sex.
- Prostitution is a very large theme in the show (one of the main characters runs a brothel)
- Prostitutes reveal large amount of cleavage
Violence & Gore
- A dead man is found attached to a tree, scalped and with this dismembered penis shoved in his mouth. (Very disturbing)
- A man has his leg amputated slowly and I'm graphic detail. Extremely disturbing.
- There is violence throughout this show that can range from completely bloodless to very graphic and bloody.
- A woman slowly pushes an arrow through the neck of an Indian (close up of arrow piercing the skin).
- A man is shot in the head while confessing in a church, blood is seen on the wall.
- Native Americans scalp people.
- Detached limbs are shown burning.
- A man gets his throat cut, blood pours through his hands.
- A man is seen dead after being hung through a window for a few seconds or so.
- A man guns down his horse after it got shot in the leg (seen from a distance).
- Men are seen injured and dead after an explosion.
- Many shootouts throughout an episode.
- There is an intense shooting scene in one episode that consists of slow motion and bloody results.
- Many men get hung (including a young child).
- A man chops off another man's head.
- Violence against Black workers happens often.
- There is bare-knuckles boxing match that is very intense and bloody.
- 3 men are shot in a daydream sequence.
- A man has an arrow through him and slowly pulls it out (quite bloody).
- Several strong profanities as: Ass, Whore, Shit, Damn (and its derivatives), Hussy, Nigger (used in every episode multiple times)
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- One of the main characters runs a bar (the same one that runs a brothel).
- Many of the men are alcoholics frequently abusing alcohol.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- This show takes place right after the Civil War and the slaves had recently just been freed.
- There is a lot of abuse towards the newly freed slaves that work on the railroad
- This show is very violent and there is a lot of prostitution in it.