Transcendence (I) (2014)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 13 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for sci-fi action and violence, some bloody images, brief strong language and sensuality|
Sex & Nudity
- Some kisses
- [Around 1hr:04min] a flashback where a couple is on top of each other naked kissing (covered by blankets, only their mouth and neck are seen.)
Violence & Gore
- Though not frequent, there are long scenes of strong bloody wounds, some cause by bullets, other results from kicking, lots and lots of blood
- In the beginning of a film, a numerous computer users was killed in an explosion, meanwhile, it was killed by somebody.
- 1 use of the F-word (could be misinterpreted as a sigh)
- At least 2 uses of "s***" and some other mild profanities.
- A person exclaims "Jesus Christ" when surprised
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Some scenes adults drink wines, whiskey, some smoke.
- There's also a few scenes where character takes needles.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The plot of the film is disturbing and realistic, most of it grounded in real theories popular today about uploading a human consciousness with technology
- Some people might find the healing scenes a little frightening since they use needle lookalike tools, but they are not graphic.
- Will Caster's "transformation" is a bit disturbing, as his body slowly deteriorates before his consciousness is uploaded
- An activist places a gun to his own chin implying suicide (which then happens off-screen with accompanying gunshot sound).