The Firm (1993)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 42 items
|MPAA||Rated R for language and some violence|
Sex & Nudity
- Mitch's wife wears multiple shirts that you can see the outline of her nipples.
- A man asks his wife if she wants to have eggs naked. Right after that they make out.
- A man and his secretary kiss passionately in his office.
- Very mild pictures of a man embracing intimately with a woman are shown to the man, and threatened to be shown to his wife.
- Man and woman begin to undress each other, but then they are interrupted.
- During the first Cayman Islands trip by Mitch McDeere, he is propositioned by a woman but turns her down.
- A seduction scene on a beach when Mitch McDeere (Tom Cruise) makes his first trip to the Cayman Islands. The beginning of the seduction act is shown. Not much detail is seen and absolutely no nudity, but it is clear from the context (and his actions later) that he did sleep with the woman.
- A woman is shown under the desk where a man is sitting. It is assumed that she was performing oral sex on him. Both are fully clothed and there is no nudity.
Violence & Gore
- A man kicks another main the knee and runs from him. A long chase follows.
- A few discussions about people killed in a boat explosion.
- A man roughly handles a woman and pushes her down when confronted by another man. She suffers a strained ankle, not serious.
- A man is said to have drowned to death.
- A man accidentally shoots another man, and a third man attacks the man who shot, brutally punching and kicking him. It is not clear of the man is passed out or unconscious.
- A man is shot at his desk several times by two other men. A woman witnesses this but remains hidden. Pretty bloody and violent.
- 19 uses of 'f*ck' (1 on recording).
- 2 uses of 'c*cksucker' (1 on recording).
- 18 uses of 'h*ll'.
- 7 uses of 'd*mn' (4 paired with 'God').
- 7 uses of 'b*tch'.
- 4 uses of '*ss' (1 on recording).
- 3 uses of 'sh*t'.
- 1 use of 'd*ck'.
- 2 uses of 'Jesus'.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- There is some alcohol drunk in some Cayman Islands scenes.
- A man's drink is drugged.
- A man shows his wife the wine he bought for dinner.
- Liquor bottles and glasses are briefly focused on in a limousine.
- Wine and beer are drank at a fancy party
- A law firm partner tells an associate that he shouldn't order an alcohol drink, but then orders one for himself.
- A secretary smokes a cigarette while making coffee and talking to a visitor.
- A woman suggests to her husband that they get pizza and beer.
- A large group of people toast in celebration with champagne.
- A woman smokes while making copies about three separate times.
- A smokes a cigarette while talking with two other men.
- A brief mention of drug trafficking.
- Lamar (an associate of the Firm) smokes a cigarette and holds an unopened beer bottle as he tells McDeere about associates of the Firm who just died.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The scene where a detective is murdered involves several gunshots.
- A woman hiding under an office desk acts terrified and covers her mouth to avoid screaming (and discovery).
- A few emotionally intense moments.
- The death mentioned and onscreen are disturbing.
- Most of the movie has a dark tone and the many criminal activities throughout are disturbing.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The long foot chase by associates of the firm to kill Mitch McDeere is intense. Some portions of this chase involve gunshots and an intense fight.