Red Band Society (2014–2015)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 8 items
Sex & Nudity
- Kissing. Kara is seen with her boyfriend (nothing is shown) in bed, sex is implied. Some of the characters are in relationships with each other. In one episode, Kara and Hunter are looking for a condom. Kara and Leo are about to have sex in the back of a car (it cuts out) and Leo says that he's never done 'it' with his leg before. Some characters (Kara) wear suggestive clothing.
Violence & Gore
- There is a part where the doctors are doing surgery and you see bloody scalpels, lots of blood on their hands, and blood on their masks. Could be disturbing to some, but only lasts about fifteen seconds.
- Hunter gets a liver transplant and it is a very disturbing seen, insides are shown along with the actual liver transplant
- All of the surgery scenes are very disturbing and realistic with a lot of blood, and not for people with weak stomachs.
- A couple of minor swears are used like damn, hell, and ass. A couple uses of bitch and shit.
- In the pilot, a nurse walks across to the hospital with a coffee cup that says scary Bi**h
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- One of the girls smokes regularly. It is said that she has crack, cocaine, and nicotine found in her heart. Some references to marijauna. Some teenage drinking.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The show may be hard to watch because all of the kids have something wrong with them. One girl has anorexia, one boy has cystic fibrosis, some kids need transplants and another patient has cancer and it is very hard to except that fact that they are going to die. One death of a main character that is very emotional.